Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Nintendo Book tag!



This is my first ever book tag! I hope you guys enjoy it. Let's just jump right in :D




1.NES: A classic that you want to read. That would have to be To Kill A Mockingbird, which I have started reading, actually! I don't know if this book is considered a "classic", but it's at least 50 years old. So that counts right?
2. SNES: A sequel you liked better than the first. That would have to be A Wise Man's Fear, which is a sequel the The Name of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm sure I'll love the next book in the chronicles even more, if he would only write it.
3.N64: A book that changed how you see the world. That would be the book 1984 by George Orwell. I did hate the ending of this book, but the rest of it changed me. It reminded me of our society today, with the blind devotion to pop stars or political figures, and how the government pretty much always knows what we're doing. How even his thoughts are monitored! Everything is controlled, and they have you on a very short leash. I was frightened by the ferocity of this book.
4.Gamecube: A popular book that you did not like. That would have to be an Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I did read The Fault In Our Stars, and I did enjoy that one. But for this book, it seems like John wants you to feel stupid on purpose. I get it, this guy is smart. He speaks three languages, does graphs for fun, all that sort of stuff. But then there are graphs in the book, representing why the main character has been dumped by Katherine #1, Katherine #2, Katherine #3.....  It's all really unnecessary and stupid. I don't like the book at all.
5.Wii: A new favorite book of yours. That would have to be Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon! I am IN LOVE with this book, even though it's over 800 pages long and it's taken about a month to get through half of it. I still love it with every fiber of my being. Honestly, it's a much better read than the famous Game of Thrones series. Much easier to keep track of. I will compare these two books in a later post, I think.
6.Nintendo Power: A Graphic Novel series you want to start. I think I'm gonna go with Sandman, written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Sam Kieth, Mike Dringenberg & Malcolm Jones III. One reason being that it's Neil Gaiman, and I've never read anything of his, But I always here good things about his writing. Everyone I've seen just idolizes him. Is he really that good? But I digress; The plot of this series seems so interesting! dream captured, then a generation later he escapes and gives his captor nightmares? I like the concept of it.
7.Super Mario: A character you'd like to squish like a Goomba: That would have to be The Commandant from An Ember in the Ashes. I have already done a review on this book, so I'll leave out the synopsis.... But yeah, she's pretty evil. I hope she gets her head cut off.
8.Zelda: A modern book that you consider to be a classic: That would have to be The Name of the Wind! I already linked it in a previous question. But yes, I do consider this to be a modern classic. Why? The concept is original. The characters are original. It is a deep-set and fully involved world. There is a lot more we have to learn, which I hope we do in the third book, whenever it comes out. 
9.Samus: A scifi that you want to read. Hands down, it is Illuminae by Amie Kaufman. I do want to read it for the plot. I also want to OWN it, because the actual hardcover of the book is decorated and that's just rare. 
10.Pokemon: Book edition you'd like to collect. The only edition collection I really really would like to own is the Rebel edition of the Hunger Games trilogy. These books are beautiful. 
11. Donkey Kong: A book with original Characters. I'm gonna go with the Inheritance Cycle. More importantly, Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I read this series while in high school, and you get so invested with the characters.  I'm so surprised that this series has so many negative reviews about it! And they're not bashing the story... but the author himself. Yeah, his writing isn't the best, and his descriptions go on and on, but the world is so well built. There's an entire society you follow in this book. At least four races, and all of them have relations, good or bad, with others. Eragon grows throughout the series with Saphira, his dragon. A lot goes on in these books and I am very fond of them. 
12.Nintendo Fandom: Your favorite nintendo games!  Everyone loves Nintendo games! My favorites would have to be Ocarina of Time, the most recent Smash game, and Pokemon Crystal version. What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment